This ‘n That
As you may have gathered my name is John. Here’s a brief introduction and some of my thoughts on this weblog.
I am married to my wonderful wife, S. Together we are blessed with seven children, all of whom are grown-up adults now and most of whom have children of their own. Their extended number can no longer be counted on the fingers of both hands.
The coastal town of Pearly Beach, where we live, is a place of great beauty located on the Southern tip of Africa, close to Cape Agulhas. This stretch of coastline is a favorite haunt of mainly Southern Right whales, that feed on krill, give birth and frolic in these shallow, warm waters from May to December each year.
As real estate business partners, our association is rewarding on many levels and fuels a career aspiration: to practice the highest standards of real estate professionalism. Our clients are among the many local and international visitors that enjoy these parts year round. Many of these we are fortunate to count as true friends.
Apart from writing about whatever happens to interest me, the writings of a number of Guest Authors are gratefully featured on these pages. If you wish to do so, you may share your views here too. Perhaps you are a budding author or you may be an experienced blogger looking to extend your influence. Whatever. Please consider submitting a Guest Post for publication — see here for details and a few guidelines. Feel free to participate in the comments; you’re most welcome.
The dog pictured above with me is “Obi”, a breed that is truly indigenous to South Africa. You can find out more about Obi here. Yes, he is indeed named after “Obi-Wan-kenobi” a fictional character in the Star Wars universe. You will not believe how many times that question comes up.
Thank you for visiting,
Back to top
The views expressed by the authors are their personal views and do not necessarily represent the views of this website or any other agency.
Posts and comments are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer takes full responsibility and liability for any contravention of laws in this country or theirs. The accuracy of posts and comments is not guaranteed.
All information provided here is general and no representations are made, or should be assumed, as to the intent or accuracy of any information on this website. No liability will be accepted for any error, omission, injury or damage arising from the display or use of this information.
This website may inadvertently link to content that is unsuitable for general audiences and this website in no way condones, endorses or takes responsibility for such content.
Comments and questions are encouraged, welcomed and appreciated. When posting a comment you should give credence to the following guidelines:
- please be relevant to the article;
- profanity is not welcome;
- neither is hate speech, racism or blasphemy;
- no solicitation, spam or links to spam, please;
- ALL CAPS is like shouting; try not to.
Comments are held for moderation, the first time round. Thereafter, you’ll be recognized by the system and published immediately. Comments may be edited or deleted at the Editor’s sole discretion.
Not every comment or question will be replied to or answered.
We uphold and support the principal of Freedom of Speech as enshrined in the South African Constitution. Comment threads with a wide spread of thought and opinion are most welcome.
Guest Posting Guidelines
We welcome and encourage guest authors and will consider well-penned contributions with genuine and informative content on almost any topic. These guidelines may help to smooth the process:
- Submission: Email Guest Posts to john [at] johnlbradfield [dot] com either as a .DOC attachment or paste your content into the body of your email in HTML format.
- Exclusivity: Your submission must not have been published elsewhere online. Duplicate posts are harmful to site rankings and if detected, will be removed without notice. If your post is not used you are free to submit elsewhere.
- Topic: A broad range of topics are suitable for this website.
- Content: Ideal length is 400 to 700 words. More than 1000 words might best be presented in two or more parts. A post of less than 400 words is probably too light but will be considered on merit. Please credit images or videos with appropriate links.
- Links: If it’s relevant, you’re welcome to link back to your blog within the post. Subtlety often works best. Please do not include affiliate links in your post. Rather link to a page with affiliate links on your own site, if you must.
- Edits: Your post title may be changed to improve SEO and your content may be edited for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Author Bio: Please include a short authors “bio” of one or two sentences and an “avatar” photo, size 64pix by 64pix in .JPG or .PNG format. See the top right-hand corner of this web page for an example. You’re welcome to include a link to your website and RSS feed here.
- Personal Information is not collected from any visitors browsing this website, save the information entered on Contact, Comment or Subscription forms. This information will not be rented, sold or shared with third parties for any reason whatsoever.
- Anonymous Information in the form of site usage data, is not matched with personally identifiable information and we do not link IP addresses to any visitor to this website.
The advertising content on these web pages is managed by a third party provider, Google Adsense. Google inserts targeted advertising content that is informed by the page content and visitor demographics and is relevant to the website audience’s interests. Apart from the revenue stream Google delivers two key benefits:
- high quality advertising content
- accurate data to inform website improvements
We reserve the right to accept or reject any advertisement submitted for placement on This ‘n That website and we do not attempt to investigate or verify any claims, including claims of compliance with codes and standards, made in any advertisement on This ‘n That website.
The appearance of advertising on this website does not imply endorsement or approval of the advertiser, nor of the advertiser’s claims, products and services. Visitors should exercise due diligence when responding to any advertisement. This ‘n That website disclaims any liability whatsoever in connection with advertising content.
If you have any concern regarding an advertisement on this website please use the contact page or email the editor: john [at] johnlbradfield [dot] com.